Allah speakth...

19 May 2005

We actually never realise how often Allah speaks to us. Being human, we always assume that Allah will show you whatever is intended instead of telling us about it directly. That's where we are wrong.

Allah does speak to us, sometimes, more than once on a single issue but we usually either ignore it or never pay attention to it.

Have you ever prayed for something but never gotten it? And then you end up wondering why you never got it. And then maybe some time down the road, it dawns on you why you never got for what you prayed for...and you wonder why this was not revealed to you earlier so that you won't be spending so much time thinking about it.

I have on many instances prayed for something and found that the answers came almost immediately on why it would not be given or why it is given. Just a week back, I was given a leadership role at work and it was really not something I wanted at all. As expected, I complained, raved and even cried since it was forced onto me to do it. I prayed really hard for Allah to help me through this but I could not help feeling depressed.

Last Friday during the Friday prayer's sermon, out of the blue, the Imam started telling the congregration that if Allah gives you a leadership role, it is an Amanah and a trust upon you to take it and lead. One should not complain about it but accept it as a duty. And to always obey the directions of your leader.

And then the Imam started talking about something else. I was shocked! I almost wanted to ask the rest of the congregation if they heard that or was that particular speech something that I alone heard. I listened closely after that but no mention of leadership was ever mentioned again in the sermon...

Was it my imagination? I don't think so. It was as clear as day. And the message could not be any clearer. So what do you do when God tells you something? You just do it and stop complaining! Exactly what I did!

I am still a little reluctant but I have stopped complaining and accepted this Amanah entrusted upon me. I have tried to make it easier for my manager to give me directions instead of arguing about it. All in all, I think it works out for the best.

So the next time you wish or pray for something, listen hard. Allah probably has answered your prayers. It could be a signboard with a slogan, a child with a complaint, a bird dropping or anything at all. But the answers are there. You just have to listen hard enough.

Allah never forsakes his creation...just ask, and He will answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS