Bali

24 Dec 2008

DAY ONE

The Excitement. The Waiting. Well, it was finally here! I tossed, turned and checked the time it was exactly 5. I was supposed to wake up at about 5.30 since I had to be in the airport at exactly 7, or more. But, I had enough time since our flight will be at 10. I bathed and got ready before anyone did. I was really impatient to go on a plane since I haven't been on the plane for such a long time.

Everyone got ready. We were out of the house by approximately 6.40 and we went to fetch Aunty Shereen. Once, we took Aunty Shereen we were off to the airport. I was getting sleepy in the car. Tok kept on calling Mama to make sure she was about to arrive. Once, we were there I saw Dr. Rohaya and Afiq and we met up with Tok, Nenek, Ayahcik, Aunty Mimi and her son Haziq. I was carrying two boxes of cupcakes especially for my grandma and grandpa whose anniversary was on that particular day which was on the 11th and they were and still together for 37 years.

(Wow, that’s long.)

We checked in and we went on Airbus 320 it took us about 3 hours. We went in first since we paid for Express Boarding Pass. Talking, Laughing, Sleeping were what we did in the plane. We got front row sits because of that. We left at 10.35. The Gangsa staff picked us up from the airport; we were going to the Gangsa villa. It took us approximately 30 to 20 minutes. The Gangsa staff were very kind and friendly and they gave us a cold towel and water. The place where we stayed was called ‘The Gangsa,’ It’s a private villa. It was in Sanur. There was 2 private villas’ for us. One was for Abah, Mama, Muhammad, Me, Tok, Nenek and of course, Ayahcik. The 2nd Villa was for Aunty Shereen, Afiq, Aunty Mimi, Haziq and Dr. Rohaya.

The toilet was an outdoor toilet. There was our own Swimming pool. The staff gave us our lunch and our welcome drink. The food was delicious! We had our late lunch Fried Rice, Fried Chicken, and eggs. We started watching DVD’s and jumped in the pool. At night, we went to Hardy’s and all the little shops around Sanur. There was a lot of Kekatu, or known as termites with wings. We celebrated Nenek and Tok’s Anniversary at the Villa with cupcakes and a cake.

Once we came back me, Nenek, Aunty Mimi, Dr. Rohaya and My mom watched Mamma Mia. My mom went back and Aunty Shereen and me went upstairs to sleep, but ended up talking till 1 while Aunty Mimi and Nenek watched August Rush.

DAY TWO

I woke up at 7 thinking that we would go out at that time. I tried waking up Aunty Shereen, but she wouldn’t budge. So, I went to Mama's room, bathed and had breakfast at the Gangsa's restaurant. The food was wonderful! I had porridge and they served us pastries that they baked. I had breakfast with Aunty Mimi, Dr. Rohaya, and Aunty Shereen and later my mom came and ordered pancakes.

After we ate, we went to Ugut it took about one hour to reach Ugut. They took us to a place that had lots of shops and I was really excited. We went to all the little shops and bought bracelets, rings and a bag. We really had to bargain to get the lowest price. The prices there were are very affordable, not to mention cheap. The driver Pak Kedi gave us 2 hours to shop. Mama and me walked around and found a jam shop called Kou Cuisine. They had Milk Caramel Jam, Strawberry and load others. Mama really liked that shop.

After that, all of us were headed to Kinta Mani that took about a 30-minute drive. On the way there we saw Paddy fields, Corn and people all over the place. We ate on the mountains overlooking the Volcano. The place was nice and cool and it reminded me of Genting Highlands. Once, we were done eating Pak Kedi took us to a place where they planted Paddy in mountains. We got really tired, so we went back into the car to take a rest, while Pak Kedi drove us around and most of the time the adults stopped to buy furniture, mostly.

Muhammad and me mostly slept on the way home and so did the others. Once we were back home, Muhammad and me decided to swim, my dad joined us too. And we heard our door open, and Uncle Jay had joined us! He decided to come to Bali since we invited him. He was going to sleep in Mama’s room since there was an extra bed.

All of us had Seafood for dinner; it’s called Caviar if I’m not mistaken. The food was really fresh and delicious. The restaurant was near the beach, so we could hear the nice sea breeze. We chilled there. And went back home.

DAY THREE

Day three has arrived and it felt really short. The adults decided to go to Kuta to get some furniture, while the kids and adults (which were Dr. Rohaya, Mama, Abah, Uncle Jay Muhammad, Afiq and I) Haziq decided to stay in the Villa. We went to Bonsai Café since there was a café that was special especially for the ones who live in the Gangsa private villas.

Some of the workers there asked us whether we would like a Pedicure, Manicure and Braiding. Mama, Abah, Dr.Rohaya and I insisted. So, while Afiq and Muhammad were playing with Sea water and sand. Abah had a pedicure and manicure. I’m not sure what Mama had since she wasn’t sitting with us. Dr. Rohaya had a Pedicure and Manicure. I had all three. Uncle Jay just sat down and tried to get a wireless connection but couldn’t.

After an hour, we all decided to have late lunch at a place Uncle Jay recommended. The food we ate was Nasi Campur Bali, Caesar Salad and Fried Rice. Once, we were done, we were headed to Discovery Mall. Mama was craving for some Crispy Crème, but the shop closed down. Everyone went his or her separate ways. Mama and I went shopping. I bought a nice dress, while Mama bought a batik shirt.

We decided to go to the Roxy/Quicksilver Sale and Crocs too. Which we did, I bought 2 bags. Mama bought a bikini. Muhammad bought Crocs and a bag from Quicksilver and so did Uncle Jay. Roxy was packed with People. Tried some shoes in Crocs but they couldn’t fit. What a pity. The sale was really good. And if I converted it right, I’ll be buying that thing for only about RM20?

I had a really good time even though all of us were exhausted once we were home, but Muhammad and I decided to swim! Again! All of us had dinner at the Villa. The adults decided to go out (Kids weren’t allowed) to Kudeta. It’s more like a bar. They came home, and everyone slept.

DAY FOUR

The adults decided to go out to buy furniture in Ugut, again. So, the kids (Haziq, Afiq, Muhammad & Me) stayed in the Villa. All of us decided to swim, and we played Marco Polo and a few other games like The Silent Game and The Furthest Rock. It was a blast! We knew each other more, in a way. We ordered lunch. All of us had Fish and Chips since Haziq said it was nice. And we watched a movie too. An Indiana Jones Movie. I ended up falling asleep.

I woke up and went to Dr. Rohaya’s room where Afiq was playing his Nintendo DS while Muhammad was sleeping. The adults came back, and they went out again. All of us jumped in the pool again. It was a very relaxing day to me. There’s nothing to elaborate, really.

At night, the adults came home. And we got ready to go to the Kecak dance. When we were in the car, the Driver called Pak Mede was sick. He had a high fever, but he still said he was okay. He drove, and the way he drove was CRAZY! He was so fast, that Abah and Uncle Jay were panicking. Once, we were there, the show has ended. Apparently, the show starts at 6.30 but we were there at 7.30. Everyone (me, Dad, Mom, Grandpa, Uncle Jay and also Aunty Shereen) insisted that we went home with The Gangsa staff.

Since, Pak Mede was really sick and he looked really sick. He was shivering, and his eyes were about to close. We went home and we wanted to swim! So, we had a late night swim. It was so much fun. Mama wore he new bikini. Ayahcik tried putting Mama on his back. It was hilarious!

I was really upset that the next day we were going home.

DAY FIVE the LAST DAY

I woke up and felt really lazy. I was still sleepy. I had breakfast, and went out with Aunty Shereen, Aunty Mimi and Haziq. Aunty Shereen wanted to go to the Crocs sale. So, it took us quite awhile to find that place. But, I knew where it was. I went with Aunty Shereen to the Roxy/Quicksilver sale too. And I bought another handbag! Aunty Shereen & Haziq bought Crocs.

We went home. And got ready to go to the airport. Everyone got ready. Off we went! We checked in and looked around; Mama bought Mbak Mimin her Bali coffee. Our flight got delayed. We got in, and we waited for a while. Then they called us for the express. We got the front row sits in Air Asia again. When we took off they served us snacks that we had to pay.

There was turbulence. And it was raining and there was lightning, too. Aunty Shereen, Nenek were really scared. Abah and I simply enjoyed it. Even though, it’s a bit terrifying. Then, all of us slept. I was really tired. All of us got out of the plane took our bags, which took awhile. And said our goodbyes. All of us were really upset that we had to leave Bali especially with all the things there.

It was a wonderful trip. Even though, we didn’t go to the beach, the Villa was nice.

It was a memorable trip.


BY TUNKU MAISARAH IMAN

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:09 am

    These last two articles by members of the tunku's family are really great for any family. Keep it up . I won't ever want to miss your website again !


    Browser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maisarah - write more!! good job. love you
    mak wa

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS