I was all ready this morning at the desk to register my dearest daughter for her ballet class with the Chicago Park District. Online registration was at 9am sharp and for this particular class only 6 out of 12 spots were available online. You had to be faster than the speeding bullet when clicking at EXACTLY 9 am.
8:52am - ahh..coffee on the side, website up, just waiting for 9am.
8:54am - "Please turn off your computer or press the restart button to start the program again."
WHAT????? WHAT JUST HAPPENED THERE??? THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO CRASH ON ME! I HAVE TO REGISTER MY KID AT 9AM!!!
So here I am, holding down the restart or off/on button and nothing happens. I could feel my ears burning. I could feel my heart thumping really hard against my chest. I was getting aggravated. My vision started to blur...
Suddenly, I remembered the laptop by the window! Bless Imran for letting us use his laptop!!! By jove! We still have time to salvage the situation!
8:55am - Laptop up and running. Hurry!
8:56am - Yes! Found the site and putting in the details.
8:57am - Finger ready....oh, where is the credit card? Yes, here it is.
8:58am - I wonder if the clock on this laptop is right...hmm
8:59am - Ok, this should be easy. I wish I have the exact seconds before 9am..
9:00am - CLICK!!! WHAT????? NO MORE SLOTS??? HOW CAN THAT BE??? I CLICKED EXACTLY AT 9!???????
(At this point, I cannot write down what else came out of my whole being..you can figure it out yourself:) )
9:01am - Called Jennrich and told him I missed it. Also to inform him the desktop is toast. I finally was able to turn it off. Why
it did not respond earlier, I dont know.
12pm - Ah, home. Better go online and look at emails (since I did not get to do so due to the fiasco in the morning).
What?? Why is the laptop offline? Dead? Oh - not plugged in..hmm, is that why it was running slow this morning
because the battery was dying??? Does that mean the clock counter was off? No i dont think so because I remember
looking at the DVR clock and it was in sync with the laptop.
12:39pm - Final deduction and report:
MIND, EYE AND FINGER COORDINATION WERE NOT IN SYNC AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT.
CLOCK ON LAPTOP MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN IN SYNC WITH THE PARK DISTRICT'S CLOCK.
ONLINE REGISTRATION SHOULD BE FOR THE WHIPPER SNAPPERS.
PLEASE RESIGN YOURSELF TO DO THE WALK IN REGISTRATION ON SATURDAY, FEB 28TH AT 9AM.
LINE UP WITH ALL THE THOUSANDS FOR A MERE 12 SLOTS FOR BALLET.
BEST OF LUCK. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A HOT CUP OF COFFEE WITH YOU WHILE IN LINE. IT WILL BE A CHILLY DAY.
Signing off
CSI level 1 rookie.
HAHHAHAHAHAH. funaaaayy :D
ReplyDelete