Dear All
Greetings and Assalmualaikum ! I just thought this time around I would write to everyone in a letter form instead. Nothing says that I cannot do this on a blog right?
Ramadhan, Eid, passing of my father in law end of August and his memorial service and the start of the new school year for Aisya just gobbled our September up. Now that we are in October, it looks like it is not going to let up! Aisya had two birthday parties that she attended last weekend (which I think I caught the flu bug from one of them- yes, I have been wretchedly under the weather since Wednesday), one last hurrah to the cabin to see the fall colors this weekend, Beth Waters and her parents are coming in from Wisconsin next weekend and then Joan, my mother in law will be in town till from mid week till almost the end of October. October 31st will cap it off with it being Halloween's Day, which excites Aisya every year. She has not decided what character she wants to be yet, but I think it will be a toss between Violet (The Incredibles), Hermione (Harry Potter), Kim Possible or...yes, you guessed it- Hannah Montana!
Aisya had unfortunately 2 cavities when we did our biannual checkup. However, the whole dentist experience went very well. She was an excellent patient. The procedures for children is similar to the adults but with no pain!! Dr Fippinger had a little "raincoat" which he covered the mouth area and only exposed the teeth he wanted to work on. This allowed him to concentrate on the cavities without the extra sucking vacuum that adults have to endure!
Leaves are changing colors now and trees are shedding their leaves faster than we can blink our eyes and it is getting cooler by the day. Rainy days are unavoidable but when it is combined with freezing temperatures, then it gets to be annoying! Brr! We have not gotten to that point yet. Since we live right on the lake the temperatures varies quite a bit from the inland areas.
John works from home every Thursdays and Fridays and cares for Aisya on those days since those are the days that I work at Old Town School of Folk Music. He tries to go downtown to his office on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. His workload has increased due to the fact that they have a big client they are trying to woo. Like Interpol - I dont have any other information than what i just said. He does not even talk about it with me! LOL! Both of us went for our annual checkups and mine came back great but Mr Jennrich's unfortunately is not so great. His cholesterol has spiked and he needs to drastically change his diet and lifestyle. So I guess the foods we eat have to be less fat,less meat and more fruits and veggies. So un Malaysian like lah! Haahaa!
We try to carpool with another family for school dismissals. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays I will pick up Aisya and Lucy and on Thursdays and Fridays, Halina/Scott will pick up the two girls.
I am still taking cello classes Thursday nights. So right after teaching, I will attend my class which is in the same building. Very convenient. Of course, I am not quite in the groove yet with my workout schedule. There seems to be endless school meetings, work meetings, errands and household chores that are cutting into my daily plans! However as of next week, I hope to start up a regime again. By the way, how is the squash going over there? I have yet to call my squash partners and solidify days to play with them!
We miss everyone very much, and hope that this "letter" will suffice for now. Till next time, take care and may He watch and care for you always.
Wassalam
Arman, Ainiah and Aisya
No comments:
Post a Comment